Get to know London-based DJ, remixer, and producer Steven Geller, who has played the biggest clubs in the UK and might not be as angelic as he looks.
1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise? Steven Geller: It can be a smile, a look, a color, a book. Creativity comes from where and when you least expect it. Expect the unexpected!
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween? SG: The real thing is scarier than any imitation, so I’d say stay at home and bury your head under the pillow in case I come knocking at your door. Mwahahaha!
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most? SG: I’m blessed with a very workable head which can be moulded into any style — and I’ve had a few — so the answer is none. I’m happy with what I have.
4. What would your death-row last meal be? SG: Porridge. That will give me lots of energy for my trip to the afterlife.
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure? SG: My guiltiest pleasure is preening the feathers on my little wings. Of course, I have no vices at all. None. None at all. How do my wings look?
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier? SG: Extravagant purchases are not about feeling guilty, and we all need a little extravagance in our lives sometimes.
7. When’s the last time you wanted to slap someone? SG: With these wings on my back, you must be joking. Erm… probably once a week!
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit? SG: That depends on what outfit! If it’s evening, I’m a messy eater, so it could be anything. If it’s after dinner… no comment.
9. Describe your favorite undergarment. SG: I have quite an array, but my current fave are still the old trusty CKs.
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once? SG: “That’s the biggest one I’ve ever seen!”
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes? SG: Still sat in front of my Mac… and in five hours, still sat in front of my Mac! If I’m not DJing, my studio is the most likely place you will find me.
Find Steven Geller on his website.