Get to know actor, musician, author, and Sirius/XM radio host Seth Rudetsky, who's launching his new online network with the Not Since High School concert.
1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise? Seth Rudetsky: Seeing books in a bookstore gets me excited. Looking at all those different, colorful and creative covers makes me feel like writing. I guess it’s a version of judging a book by it’s cover — aka I’m shallow.
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween? SR: An annoying cowlick in the front of my hair and on the back left.
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most? SR: Alec Baldwin. But the color has gotten weird lately.
4. What would your death-row last meal be? SR: Warm chocolate chip cookies from Levain Bakery and skim milk.
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure? SR: See last answer.
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier? SR: Ordering $30 dinners almost every night from Empire Szechuan.
7. When’s the last time you wanted to slap someone? SR: Wisconsin recall election. How could anyone who has any empathy in their body vote for Scott Walker?
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit? SR: Acting out with food.
9. Describe your favorite undergarment. SR: Boxer briefs. So comfy!
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once? SR: I don’t really watch TV.
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes? SR: Looking at Facebook and telling myself I should be writing.
Seth Rudetsky celebrates the launch of Seth TV by hosting and music-directing Not Since High School, a star-studded benefit for Chesapeake Bay Academy, June 18 at New York's XL Cabaret; advanced tickets available here. His latest book, My Awesome/Awful Popularity Plan, is now available.