Get to know Michelle Clunie, formerly of Queer as Folk and now starring in her play Us, a love story set against the backdrop of the 2008 Presidential election.
1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise? Michelle Clunie: Working with highly passionate, committed people. That or a man who can cook me dinner.
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween? MC: Talk to yourself, mutter under your breath, walk around speaking your inner life… without that, my character falls flat.
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most? MC: Dolly Parton
4. What would your death-row last meal be? MC: A box of chocolates from La Maison du Chocolat in Paris and a bottle of Champagne — Krug Rosé. I would refuse dinner and go out my way — laughing, glamorous, and drunk on life.
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure? MC: I can only pick one?
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier? MC: I just bought a pair of the sexiest shoes for my new show and well, yeah, they’re hot and expensive — just the way I like ’em.
7. When’s the last time you wanted to slap someone? I’m not into the slapping thing…
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit? MC: Coffee… I mainline it. I’m a good NW girl — I like my coffee strong, constant, and all over my dress.
9. Describe your favorite undergarment. MC: The ones that end up on the floor in a ball by the foot of the bed..
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once? MC: I hate you.
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes? MC: In bed — nite!
Michelle Clunie wrote and stars in Us, which runs through Sept. 29 at NYC’s Lion Theatre.