Get to know Meow Meow, an Australian-born but internationally celebrated cabaret diva and performance artist who digs stage-dives and hand-panties.
1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise? Meow Meow: The shock of the new, the brilliance of the old.
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween? MM: Prepare for a cease and desist! I’ll franchise myself when I’m good and ready, thank you!
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most? MM: I think it’s more a question of which celebrities covet mine.
4. What would your death-row last meal be? MM: Fishy pasta, red wine, steak, a fine-boned musician, and a reprieve on the side.
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure? MM: If I told you, half the guilt would be gone — and where is the fun in that?
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier? MM: Sarah Bernhardt’s tiara. I’ve yet to see the provenance, but it’s so very beautiful.
7. When’s the last time you wanted to slap someone? MM: I remember nothing, officer.
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit? MM: Shame on you! That’s no stain; that’s a work of art — and very du jour in Paris, don’t you know?
9. Describe your favorite undergarment. MM: I find human hands to be most supportive. Everybody wins!
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once? MM: I never lie….
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes? MM: Mid stage-dive. Are you ready?
Photo: Karl Giant