Get to know out Israeli pop star Ivri Lider, one half of The Young Professionals, a Tel Aviv-based electropop duo whose debut album drops June 26 in the U.S.
1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise? Ivri Lider: Sounds, human interactions, fashion, the need to be heard, modern art, technology, guys who are comfortable in their own skin, sex and technology.
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween? IL: I’m not sure I’m scary enough to be a good Halloween costume, but I guess it’s all in the right nose!
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most? IL: Michael Pitt.
4. What would your death-row last meal be? IL: Probably Italian: a good fresh salad, seafood pasta, ice cream, and red wine.
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure? IL: I love buying clothes. I spend way too much money doing that.
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier? IL: The Chanel J12 Black Diamond Chronograph watch.
7. When’s the last time you wanted to slap someone? IL: The other day at the ELAL business launch at the airport in Paris! I came in with Uriel Yekutiel, who is featured in the “D.I.S.C.O.” video, and this older man was listening to us for five minutes and then started shouting that we were too loud. I answered calmly that he can go fuck himself, but it was on the edge.
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit? IL: That same man’s blood.
9. Describe your favorite undergarment. IL: I have a great pair of black briefs from Filippa K. They’re black with a thin white line on the top and are great at being pretty and holding everything together nicely. I can’t do boxers.
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once? IL: I had so much fun… we should do it again.
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes? IL: In the shower!
Ivri Lider and Johnny Goldstein are The Young Professionals, whose debut album, 09:00 to 17:00, 17:00 to Whenever, is out June 26. Also check out “D.I.S.C.O.” remixes and their cover of “Video Games.”
Main photo: Ronen Ackerman