Get to know the buzzworthy Bright Light Bright Light — aka London-based dance-pop artist Rod Thomas — whose debut album drops stateside this week.
1. What turns you on, creatively or otherwise? Rod Thomas: Confidence, passion, and mischief.
2. What’s a good tip for someone who wants to be you for Halloween? RT: Remember the pink Converse.
3. Which celebrity’s hair do you covet most? RT: Bjork. Whatever’s on her head, it’s always iconic.
4. What would your death-row last meal be? RT: The Devils on Horseback from Five Leaves in Greenpoint.
5. What’s your juiciest vice or guiltiest pleasure? RT: The amount of money I spend on coffee each week.
6. What extravagant purchase should probably make you feel guiltier? RT: Making my record.
7. When’s the last time you wanted to slap someone? RT: When the infamous “poetry beggar” in Hackney called me a dirty little queer.
8. What most likely made that stain on your outfit? RT: Last night’s DJ set.
9. Describe your favorite undergarment. RT: Someone else’s Paul Smith boxers.
10. What’s a lie you’ve told more than once? RT: That I used to be in Ace Of Base. Amazingly, someone once believed me.
BONUS: Where do you see yourself in five minutes? RT: Wishing I’d put different answers!
Bright Light Bright Light’s debut album, Make Me Believe in Hope, is out June 26 in the U.S. He appears Aug. 1 at Easternbloc and Aug. 2 at Pianos in NYC. For more info, find him on Facebook, Twitter, and his website.