The top 10 things we’re living for this week. Get into it.
10. BLU-RAY: E.T. Anniversary Edition. Phone home… your mother misses you. Then add the classic 1982 alien-boy love story to your Blu-ray library — now in a newly remastered 30th anniversary edition — Oct. 9.
9. MOVIE: Nobody Walks. Edgy wunderkind Lena Dunham of HBO’s Girls fame cowrote Nobody Walks, an indie feature starring Olivia Thirlby and John Krasinski. What’s it about? Who cares — it was cowritten by Lena Dunham!
8. TV: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Kudos to Sunny for its latest ad campaign promising a totally new cast — Candace Cameron! Haley Joel Osment! — for its eighth season, which returns Oct. 11 on FX with its awesome original cast intact.
7. MUSIC: Release Me, Barbra Streisand. Babs is back Oct. 9 with Release Me, an album of previously recorded but unreleased gems. You will eat her leftovers and like it!
6. TV: Nashville. Remember Country Strong? No? Well, Nashville is like that, only the dueling country divas are played by Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. Saddle up Oct. 10 on ABC.
5. MUSIC: Halcyon, Ellie Goulding. The British singer-songwriter behind the surprise summer smash “Lights” returns Oct. 9 with Halcyon, her second disc of ethereal dance pop.
4. TV: Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition. It’s like Dance Moms, but it’s a reality competition! On Abby’s Ulimate Dance Competition, Abby Lee Miller teams up with Robin Antin and Richard Jackson to destroy the dreams of little b!tches Oct. 9 on Lifetime.
3. BLU-RAY: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Anniversary Edition. Butcha are, Blanche! Ya are gonna buy the 50th anniversary edition of the Bette Davis and Joan Crawford camp classic when it’s out Oct. 9 on Blu-ray.
2. TV: Iconoclasts. The talky Sundance series that pairs two unlikely “creative visionaries,” Iconoclasts returns Oct. 9 for a sixth season with stars like Seth Macfarlane, James Franco, Marina Abramovic, and our girl Lena Dunham.
1. TV: The Walking Dead. The intense and terrific AMC zombie series The Walking Dead returns Oct. 14 for its third season with the mysterious sword-wielding heroine Michonne! Can’t. Wait.